Image Map

October 13, 2011

green is my favorite color & so is this smoothie.


take a little of this..
and a little of that..



throw it in the blender...
with a handful of spinach...




and wa la...
you end up with goodness.
that looks a little something like this.


I had always been so nervous to put spinach in my smoothie. I kept thinking the past few months that I would try a "green smoothie" but I never got the courage. I mean really putting leafy things in my smoothie sounds weird and not so good. It was one of those "trends" that wouldn't leave me. So.. what did I do? I caved. Boy! Am I glad that I did. It was heavenly. A perfect breakfast or lunch. SO filling, and left me full. In this particular one I put a handful of spinach, blueberries, raspberries, 3 strawberries, 1/3 cup Greek yogurt, a little milk, and 5 ice cubes. You really can put whatever you desire in it!  Seriously try it. Even if you don't really care for spinach. It's a great way to get your fruit and veggies in!!




6 comments

Samantha said...

mmmm i want to try this! so bad! i need a blender!

Bree said...

mmm now that I have a kitchen, I will have to try the recipe!!!
looks yummy!
Would you like to follow each other? Only if you like my blog of course! Let me know on my blog if you do ;)

Bree artofbeingcool.blogspot.com

Gentri said...

Goodness. I need to get myself to the grocery store stat! I've been dying for some green smoothies, yet my fridge (and pantry) is empty. Shopping tomorrow... I think yes.

Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights said...

That smoothie looks DELISH! Can't wait to try it out! :) I have really been loving the Yoplait smoothie mixes... but would like to try a smoothie with stuff I already have in my fridge!

Happy Thursday! XOXO, Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights

Tiffany said...

this has nothing to do with your post but last night I was watching the biggest loser and I'm not saying you're twins or anything, but in a way Anna Kournikova reminds me of you, some of her facial features...

brlracincwgrl said...

I tried one of these last weekend, however it had Kale instead of Spinach in it! It was really good!

Now, I just need to buy the stuff to make them at home! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...