Image Map

January 16, 2016

Glitzy Denim and Yummy Desserts









Happy New Year! Let me virtually stuff cake in your face as you think about your new year's resolutions! .Just like every one else I have set new year's resolutions and can proudly say that I have stuck to every one of them (all sixteen days this year!). I am a big believer in new years goals, lists, and making yourself a better person. Each year I like to choose a word or quote to be my theme of the year. This year I chose the word "PUSH" I also found a quote to go with it,
"Push yourself, because no one else is going to do it for you."
 I have set little reminders through out my bedroom, in my planner, and placed a picture of this quote on my laptop desktop. That way it is always fresh in my memory. I am all about setting short term goals each week or month to help myself accomplish my big goals. The other day I had a sister date at The Chocolate Dessert Cafe.  I love getting together with any of my sisters. We chat, make each other laugh, make each other mad, discuss our goals, and plus I can make them take my pictures! On this sister date I went for a little denim-glitz, if you will. I paired my denim up with my favorite sparkly earrings. Denim is one of my wardrobe staples. I love that you can dress it up or dress it down.  We had a lovely afternoon chatting at The Chocolate. It has been a favorite hang out since it opened in 2009.  My personal favorite desserts are the chocolate with caramel cupcake & The Kitty Katrina signature cake. I know it's the new year and you're probably wondering why I tempted you with all these delicious desserts. And that's because I believe moderation in everything! I have found that in setting my goals that if you go cold turkey instead of teach yourself moderation you will never obtain those goals. I am all about balance. Here's to another year of pushing myself and finding balance in everything.. including a few cupcakes here and there :)




1 comment

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

I love the word you ended up choosing for yourself and I also loved The Chocolate- yummiest place around! I hope to see you blogging more in 2016 :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...