Image Map

February 10, 2011

featured: {love story} by Jen

today's blogger is
she's so cute and i love her love for weddings.
because i love everything wedding as well!
she does wedding wednesdays.
pearly bloggers.
and lots of other cute things!
check her blog out :)

Hi! My name is Jen, I’m in my late 20's, was born and raised in the Ocean State and LOVE the beach. I’m an Insurance geek by day, wife, momma-to-be & blogger by night. In my spare time, I enjoy snapping photos, a soy vanilla latte, scrapbooking, getting pedicures, collecting costume jewelry and all things wedding. In the words of the ever-wise Taylor Swift, “it’s a love story, baby just say yes…”




Jay & I met on the first weekend of September in 2003. It was one of those “right place at the right time” things. We were both at a college party at a school neither one of us attended with friends of friends. Being 19 and in college, we bonded over one thing – alcohol, and ended up exchanging numbers that night. The next night, my girlfriends and I went to another crazy party and basically forgot that the whole thing happened… that is until it started… The text messages, the AOL Instant Messages. You name it, if it was a way of communication – Jay was trying it. I wasn’t hearing it. My friends and I referred to him as “the DJ” (since he had given me his DJ business card) and laughed the whole thing off. Well, apparently 3 months of persistence pays off. By the end of November when he was still trying to convince me to hang out with him, I decided maybe I should give him a chance. The first weekend of December we went on our first date (in a BLIZZARD, he was NOT cancelling for anything) and by Valentine’s Day, we were “boyfriend & girlfriend”.

We went on to date for the next 2 and a half years and then decided, with my graduation approaching, we should move in together. The night of my college graduation was our first night in our new condo in Northern Connecticut. Living together took some getting used to, as it does with any couple, but overall things went pretty smoothly. About a year and a half later, we took a little trip to a magical place I like to call “Aruba”. You see I had been going there almost every year as a teenager as my Dad had a timeshare and Jay had never been, so we had a great time showing him around the island & bringing him to all my favorite places. Well one night he brought me to a place I had never been to before – the Flying Fishbone. With our bare feet in the sand, waves gently crashing nearby and the sun slowly beginning to set, it was here that we got engaged. I’ll never forget it.



A year and a half later (on the 6 year anniversary of the night we met) we got married in my hometown in Rhode Island. It was the best day ever. All of our friends and family in one place? How could it not be?

We celebrated our marriage by honeymooning where else? Aruba! A few months later, we decided that the condo life was no longer for us. It was a good 4 years but we were ready to move on to bigger and better things. After considering many options, we decided that living closer to family would be the smartest move for us, especially with the imminent topic of children approaching. In July of 2010 we sold our condo and bought a home in Rhode Island and haven’t looked back.


2 months later, a mere 3 days after celebrating our one year wedding anniversary in Boston, we found out that in approximately 9 months our world was going to change… and we couldn’t be happier.

thanks for sharing jen!!
and congrats on the new addition :)

xoxo

3 comments

Ashley said...

Great post! I looooove Jen!!

Jen said...

Aww how sweet - thanks!

Unknown said...

how cute! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...