Image Map

March 4, 2013

salsa.

 
and just because i love VINE. you get to see these. 
 
 
okay from the title i may have made you hungry. and salsa is actually my favorite thing ever. but today i'm not talking about that kind of salsa! last week my roomie mayra and i got all dolled up & went out salsa dancing! oh my. it was a blast. i hadn't been out dancing in FOREVER. even though salsa//ballroom//partner dancing is not my strongest form of dance i had a riot. mayra is an amazing salsa dancer and has done latin and ballroom for years. a lot of her friends were there so i got some warm up expertise since i hadn't done salsa in a few years. i picked it all up pretty fast and even mastered my merengue. since i am a jazz//contemporary//hip-hop dancer it's such a different concept dancing WITH someone and letting them lead you. anyhow i love the feeling of feeling like 'me' and being in my element even though it wasn't my main element of dance!
 

3 comments

Amy Harris said...

Looks like so much fun!! I miss going dancing.. there is something about a pregnant lady on the dance floor that just doesn't scream "sexy" haha glad you had fun :)

Anonymous said...

OH my heck that looks so much fun! I'm going to drag my husband to it one of these days.

Kelsey Bang said...

oh salsa dancing is the best! if my hips could move i think it could be even more fun! so glad you had a blast!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...