Image Map

July 11, 2012

the 4th of july





The 4th of July has always been my favorite holiday. I'm not sure if it's because of my birthday being in July or if I just loved the fireworks or what not? I vetoed going to the parade this year so I could sleep in and have a nice day off of work. After I rolled out of bed I went down to the pool and got .. well fried. Luckily it's turned into some what of a tan by now and I don't look so lobster-ish anymore :) My family always has a BBQ at my parents house. This year we also took family pictures! It was so fun to finally get pictures. With siblings living out of state, having babies etc it has been hard to get together to do so. It was a little crazy with eighteen nieces and nephews but somehow we managed to get a few with everyone looking! Yay! I absolutely love having a big family and couldn't imagine it any other way. We had a fun game of wiffle ball in the backyard. Kids vs. adults style. It was hilarious. Then we did some fireworks across the street in the parking lot and had a good old time. I love me some sparklers. I am so grateful and feel so blessed to live in this wonderful country! 




3 comments

Sammantha said...

Where did you get that great black maxi? it looks great on you!

www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com

Hannah said...

what a lovely 4th. sadly i live in Germany and we don't celebrate our day as much as the american celebrate the 4th of july...

Kristin said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a fabulous 4th! Large families are so much fun! So glad you got to spend some time with yours. Just found your blog today, and thought I'd say "hello!" So nice to meet you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...