Image Map

August 10, 2013

Pizza Pizza!

Well I made two very delicious and very different pizzas. Take a look.





I don't know about you but I live for the weekends.
The best part is being able to relax & soak in every moment. I also like to treat myself to some good food, naturally! 
This weekend I was craving pizza so I decided to take the plunge and make a fresh, homeade pizza using local produce from  La Nay Ferme.  Boy, was it delicious and especially fun to make a personal-sized pizza! I loved that I could treat myself to something special and have something that was good for me. 


Here's how I made the pizzas:
Tomato Basil Pizza
-2 chopped tomatoes
-chopped basil (the more the better!)
-3 slices fresh mozzarella
dough, any recipe
Veggie Pizza
-1 pepper
- 1 tomato cut in small wedges
-1 small cucumbers
dough, any recipe

After preparing your dough into small circles & chopping your vegetables, layer sauce and toppings.
Bake at 450 degrees for 11-13 minutes.

I really enjoyed both pizzas and couldn't decide which one I liked better. 
They were so flavorful & different. I especially loved the flavor of the pepper & basil. It was fun to switch things up and use cucumber on a pizza. Who would have thought it added the perfect touch?
I will be making them again.

Be sure to read this post and see my visit to the farm, it's gorgeous.
Here's everything I received in my one week share from the farm. Like the picture? I took it :)



No comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...